Saturday 24 October 2009

My failure

A short post this time, just because I need to get something out of my head.

FAIL is a verb, damn it! As in I fail, you fail, he/she/it fails ...

It is neither a noun* nor an adjective. You can't say "That's an epic fail". Nor can you say "I'm so fail". Win is the same. Okay? Otherwise you just sound like a chav with an IQ significantly lower than your age**.

* Well, actually it is, but it means a turf in Gaelic. So unless you want me to start translating `fail' as `sod', and therefore developing a belief that you really do find grass enthralling, please stop using it as a noun.

** To all those people older than 100 using either of these words as a noun or adjective, I can't really say anything against you - you've clearly led a pretty good life, and deserve to spend a few years p***ing off the rest of us.

No comments: